Current Job Openings
MEMS Process Engineer
Role and Responsibilities
Seeking qualified candidates to fill a full-time MEMS Process Engineer position within a dynamic, growing instrumentation technology company. The position is responsible for hands-on implementation of MEMS fabrication processes in a clean-room environment. Additionally, this individual works with the rest of IC2’s R&D team to improve, develop, and scale up microfabrication processes for transitioning from prototype to production. The Interdisciplinary Consulting Corporation (IC2) is seeking individuals who can perform all or many of the following responsibilities. Candidates with partial qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
- Fabricate MEMS devices using standard and custom processes in a Class 100-1000 clean-room environment (primarily at the University of Florida Nanoscale Research Facility – UF NRF)
- Operate fabrication processing equipment including film deposition, plasma etchers, DRIE, photolithography mask aligners, wafer bonders, wet chemical benches, wafer dicing, electron microscopy, and thin-film metrology tools
- Perform hands-on MEMS fabrication process and recipe development
- Work with R&D team to establish and design new MEMS fabrication processes, recipes, and steps as needed to improve performance and reliability, reduce cost, and enable volume production
- Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and fabrication records
- Document fabrication processes and results
- Utilize analytical tools & techniques to solve process development issues
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS/MS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- 2+ years of clean room fabrication experience, preferably with MEMS devices
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience working in a clean room environment with hands-on MEMS fabrication processes
- Familiarity with aluminum nitride thin film processing, through-silicon via fabrication, anisotropic silicon wet/dry etching, and/or electroplating
- Careful, patient, and methodical approach to microfabrication, measurement, documentation, and manual handling of fragile MEMS devices
- Ability to work independently to complete routine and novel process development tasks
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, interdisciplinary, challenging work environment
- Desire and ability to pick up new skills within and outside of traditional core process engineering areas
IC2 offers a highly competitive salary, a flexible work environment, and excellent benefits including 3 weeks of annual personal leave and 8 paid holidays, medical/vision/dental/disability insurance, and 401k.
IC2 is a fast-growing sensor technology company, headquartered in Gainesville, FL, and focused on bringing advances in microsensing to the aerospace industry. With a deep knowledge of aerospace testing requirements, expertise in sensor design and microfabrication, and over two decades of research and rigorous testing, IC2 delivers scientific-grade precision sensors that push the envelope of aerospace measurement accuracy and performance.
Esteemed Professor, Dr. Nemo, Joins IC2 as Senior Technical Fellow
IC2 is pleased to welcome Dr. Nemo to our team in his role as a Senior Technical Fellow. Prior to joining IC2, Dr. Nemo was a member of the CISE faculty at the University of Florida for 35 years in addition to a variety of consulting, expert witness, and board of...
Dan D’Andrea Joins IC2 as Senior Embedded Software Engineer
IC2 is pleased to have Dan D’Andrea join our team as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer. Dan is a serial entrepreneur and seasoned engineer, leveraging his expertise in computer science and embedded systems to develop technologies across multiple sectors. Dan’s...
Welcoming Dan Trabbic, Senior Electrical Engineer, to IC2
IC2 is pleased to welcome Dan Trabbic to our team in his role as senior electrical engineer. Prior to joining IC2, Dan developed MRI related products and high-power RF circuitry in both a project management and design / verification capacity. Dan's experience includes...
IC2 Interns Start Their Summer Internship
Janica Dieujuste, in her role as Electrical Engineering Intern, and Joe Ukeiley, as a Mechanical Engineering Intern, have started summer internships at IC2. IC2 is excited to bring these bright engineering students on board and looks forward to both advancing their...