Embedded Electrical Engineer
Alan Armero is an Embedded Electrical Engineer at IC2. Prior to joining IC2, Alan previously worked at multiple interesting and prestigious locations such as Intel and the Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology in Aachen, Germany. As an SSD Firmware Engineering Intern at Intel, Alan worked on the implementation and design of firmware for solid-state drives in enterprise settings. Mr. Armero is also an open-source contributor to the MaidSafe program developing cryptographic and networking code for the Safe Network.
Mr. Armero’s personal projects focused on a brain-computer interface circuit and programming, design of operational amplifiers at the transistor level, neural networking in Verilog, video game engine development, and other highly-technical computer algorithms. In his free time, Alan participates in Krav Maga and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, cooking and food photography, and illustrative pencil drawings.
- Embedded Electrical Engineer – IC2, Mar 2021 – Present
- Open Source Contributor – MediSafe, Jun 2020 – Mar 2021
- SSD Firmware Engineering Intern – Intel Corp., May 2019 – Jan 2020
- Lead Software Developer – Foxlore Creative Studios, May 2018 – Feb 2020
- Computer Assistant – Columbia Journalism School IT, Sep 2016 – May 2018
- Research Intern – Xcelience, Jun 2015 – Aug 2015
- Research Intern – Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology, Jul 2014 – Aug 2015
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Columbia University School of Engineering, Feb 2021