Mark Sheplak, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist / Founder
Dr. Sheplak is an industry leader in MEMS device technologies both as the Chief Scientist for IC2 and in his role as a Professor at the University of Florida. Mark has taught at UF since finishing his Postdoc at MIT and founded IC2 as a route to commercialization for his research just 3 years later in 2001. Since then, Dr. Sheplak guided IC2 through many SBIR/STTR small business government contracts to develop and perfect our current and future product lines, as he continues to define the leading edge of MEMS sensor technology.
- Co-Founder/Chief Scientist — IC2, 2001–present
- Professor — Dept. of Mech. & Aero. Eng., Dept. of Elect. & Comp. Eng., Univ. of Florida, 1998–present
- Postdoc., Microsystem Technology Laboratories, 1995–1998, MIT
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Dec. 1995, Syracuse University
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Aug. 1992, Syracuse University
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, May. 1989, Syracuse University